EMS Group’s dedicated electrical division specialises in electrical services and supplies for underground mining, tunneling, civil construction and rail industries across Australia. Our highly skilled and efficient team offer expertise and electrical solutions that reduce costs, minimise downtime, and increase productivity.
a complete range of specialised electrical solutions
We provide solutions for fixed, short or long-term labour hire, and offer multi-skilled and highly qualified electricians (e.g. instrumentation, highvoltage, mill and underground), site supervisors, and complete crews. Our team operates in every state of Australia and is available for any site and any roster.
Never be short of trailing cables or left waiting for yours to come back from repair. We will replace your unserviceable cable while it’s being repaired so you don’t experience any downtime. EMS Group operates in every state of Australia, so we may even have cable on consignment sitting on your site ready to go.
Our multi-skilled team of project managers, project supervisors and project electricians are experienced in the delivery of complete electrical and instrumentation projects. From design and installation through to commissioning and handover. No project is too big, too small, or too remote.
Our qualified electrical and communication engineering personnel offer a broad spectrum of specialised services, including drafting, detailed design and engineering, electrical engineering and
design, management plans, auditing and compliance, and can ensure your project complies to the highest standards regulatory requirements.
We offer wholesale pricing on a range of consumable products, including low and high voltage power, control, and trailing cable, SWA cable, flyght pumps (5kW – 37kW), and ventilation fans. We also offer some of the best repair and hire deals in the market.
extensive high voltage services
- HV switching
- HV cable testing and commissioning
(insulation resistance testing, ductor testing, VLF testing)
- HV substation testing and commissioning
- Overhead line modifications
- Overhead line modifications
- Pole top terminations
- Installation of new cross arms and insulators
- Paper lead to XLPE crossover joining
- Onsite permanent substation installations
(66kv, 33kv, 22kv and 11kv)
- XLPE cable installs and terminations
(ABB cold shrink and Raychem heat shrink)
- XLPE cable installation down bore holes and escape ways
(including a 600m vertical run down a rasebore hole)
- Onsite and workshop substation repairs and overhauls
- Surface and UG portable mining substation installations
- Insulation of CMI and Ausproof bolted couplers
- Locate and repair failed cables, terminations and joints
(including the use of
- Extensive experience with ABB, Schneider, GELPAC BV AMS & Lucy switchgear
- Terminations on HV drives and motors
(ABB ACS6000 & Toshiba drive)
What sets us apart
- Exceptional service and a reliable, accessible team
- We hand-pick our tradespeople to guarantee their work ethic and skills are exactly what you need
- We source and supply superior products at exceptional prices
- We are solutions focussed and we always deliver
- Current workforce in four states of Australia.
EMS Mine Site Electrical Licence Numbers:NSW. 305721C
QLD. EC. 82082
VIC. REC. 26745
WA. EC. 12787